Virginians begin voting on September 23. We need 15,000 slots filled for election workers and poll watchers. You will learn Virginia’s election laws and procedures, what to look for, how to make sure the laws are followed, and how to get signed up to make sure the election this fall is fair and honest.
Developed by Dr. Clara Belle Wheeler, a senior fellow with the Virginia Institute for Public Policy and a former member of the Virginia State Board of Elections, the training covers the following topics:
- Recent Election Law Changes in Virginia (2020-2022).
- The roles and responsibilities of a variety of paid (election officers) and volunteer positions (poll watchers, etc.) which operate under the authority of the local Registrar, a political party or as volunteers for organizations.
- An overview of significant changes in the operations of elections in Virginia that require an influx of volunteers to ensure a fair and transparent election process.
- Creating an election integrity workgroup in your community or committee.
- Short term and long-term goals of improving election integrity in Virginia.
- The role and responsibility of local Electoral Boards.
[ Training Video from 2021 Election Integrity Summit II ] – Dr. Clara Belle Wheeler’s PW/EO training sessions from the VFE Election Integrity Summit II.
Click HERE to View Any Upcoming Election Integrity Training Workshops for Election Officers and Poll Watchers
If you are aware of other related Election Integrity training opportunities not listed on our events page, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.