VEInet: Virginia Legislative Skills Boot Camp (Webinar)
Andi Bayer of the Fairfax Election Integrity Task Force and Chris Wright of the Virginia Election Integrity Network (VEInet) will go over legislative basics on Saturday, October 1st from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. through videoconferencing (a telephone dial-in option will also be available).
The material will be oriented towards election integrity, but the skills imparted will be transferable to other legislative issues you may be working.
- How a Bill Becomes Law – Chris
- Writing An Effective Issue Brief – Chris
- Virginia Public Access Project (VPAP – campaign donations by industry, and more) – Chris
- Introduction to the Legislative Information system website (LIS) (to find bills, meetings and legislators) – Andi
- How to Influence and Lobby Key Legislators – Andi
- Watching Committee Hearings and Floor Sessions – Andi
- Relevant Committees and Personalities – Andi
- A Few Words on Legislative Strategy for the Upcoming Session – Andi and Chris
Registrants will be sent one hour of homework to complete before the webinar. It is highly recommended you spend the time; the value of what you take away from the webinar will increase exponentially if you do.
FREE but registration is required.
To register, please email email@example.com.